Guangzhou Long-Distance Bus
Expressways have been built linking various cities and in the downtown area of Guangzhou, viaducts, a tunnel under the river, and so on, have been constructed. At present, there are 15 bus stations, operating frequent buses to and from the cities in and around Guangdong Province. Among them, the Provincial Bus Station and Guangzhou Passenger Station provide more bus routes. Besides, Fangcun Bus Station, Tianhe Bus Station and Yuexiu South Bus Station are also frequented by passengers. Especially, Yuexiu South Bus Station boasts the bus routes to reach Hong Kong and Macau. Here lists the information of the bus stations that passengers often use for your reference:
Provincial Bus Station
- Location: No.145-149, Huanshi Xi Lu
- Bus routes: 254, 805, 823, 31, 7, 225, 46, 175, 20, Night14, Night15
With a history of more than 30 years, this station is one of the largest transportation hubs in south China. Presently, it provides a great number of bus lines to cities in Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan, Guizhou, Hunan, Henan, Jiangxi, Shanxi and Jiangsu.
|To:||Departure Time||Frequency||Ticket Fare|
Guangzhou Passenger Transport Station
- Location: No.158, Huanshi Xi Lu, Yuexiu District
- Bus routes: 7, 225, 290, 545, 530, 256, 228, 30, 543, 34, 238, Night15
At present, this station provides more than 100 bus routes, which mainly go to the cities in Pearl River Delta and Hainan, Guangxi, Hunan, Jiangxi, Fujian, Zhejiang, Shanghai, Jiangsu, Hubei and Guizhou. During a day, over 2300 buses start from there.
|To||Departure Time||Ticket Fare|
|Shenzhen||Bao’an||06:00-20:00 every 20 minutes||CNY55|
|Luohu||06:00-22:00 every 20 minutes||CNY60|
|Dongguan||Qingxi Town||05:50-22:30 every 40 minutes||CNY50|
|Chang’an Town||06:30-19:20 every 30 minutes||CNY48|
|Dongguan Bus Terminal||05:50-20:00 every 20 minutes||CNY30|
|Shipai Town||06:00-19:30 every 40 minutes||CNY40|
|Zhuhai||Gongbei||05:30-22:00 every 15 minutes||CNY60|
|Foshan||Shiwan||05:30-22:30 every 30 minutes||CNY17|
|Foshan Bus Station||06:15-20:30 every 15 minutes||CNY15|
Tianhe Bus Station
- Location: No.633, Yanling Lu
- Bus Inquiry Number: 020-37090062
- Complaints Number: 020-37085070
Bus routes: 65, 126, 235, 290, 564, 236, 252, 257, 297, 534, 535, 135, 84, 28, 39, 54, 884, 46
It operates the routes to the Pearl River Delta areas, the west and the north of Guangdong. Also it offers buses to other provinces, such as Fujian, Zhejiang and Macau. It boasts more than 100 interprovince routes and 90 routes to the cities inside Guangdong. Guangzhou Subway Line 3 connects to the station directly. It is also not far from the East Railway Station. Those passengers who go to Macau need to go through the entry formalities at this station.
Departure Time: 07:40, 08:10, 08:55, 09:40, 10:10, 11:25, 11:55, 13:10, 13:40,14:40, 15:40, 16:55, 18:20, 19:00, 20:20
Ticket Fare: CNY70/71
Fangcun Bus Station
- Location: No.251 Huadi Dadao (Central)
- Bus routes: 181, 219, 552, 556, Night26
It mainly operates the routes to go to the south and west of the Pearl River Delta, and Guangxi, Hainan, Hunan, Hubei, Fujian, Jiangxi, Shanghai and Guizhou. 1250 buses depart there each day. The station provides special tour buses as well as various services of tourism. At present, there are ten tour bus lines, such as Panyu Lianhua Mountain Tour Bus Line and Foshan Ancestral Temple Tour Bus Line.
Hereunder is the information of part tour buses for your reference:
|To||Departure Time||Frequency||Ticket Fare|
|Ancestors’ Temple||07:55-17:32||9 buses in a day||CNY14|
|Lianhua Mountain||06:20-21:00||15 minutes||CNY10|
|Seven Star Cliff||07:05-20:55||20 minutes||CNY30|
Yuexiu South Bus Station
- Location: at the crossing of Yuexiu Nan Lu and Dongyuan Heng Lu, Yuexiu District
- Bus routes: 7, 11, 12, 16, 35, 36, 54, 61, 65, 80, 101, 104, 125, 182, 184, 194, 264, 519, 541, Night 12, Night 16, Night 39
Located on the Yuexiu Nan Lu, it can be reached by more than 20 city bus routes. Being a state-owned coach bus station with a history of more than 50 years, it mainly operates the routes to the cities inside Guangdong Province and many other provinces like Jiangxi, Jiangsu and Guangxi. Now, it has opened the high-speed through bus routes to Hong Kong, Macau, Shenzhen, Zhuhai and Zhongshan. It is estimated that Yuexiu South Bus Station will be developed to be an important transportation hub for the buses to reach Hong Kong and Macau.
To Hong Kong
Departure Time: 08:00, 16:00
Ticket Fare: CNY80
Stopover: Metropark Hotel Mong Kok, Shun Tak Centre Sheung Wan, Central Harbour Government Building, Wan Chai Subway Station, Ocean Park
Departure Time: 07:10 – 19:50 every 30 minutes
Stopover: Gongbei Qiguan Bus Station
Ticket Fare: CNY70
Those passengers who go to Hong Kong or Macau need to go through entry formalities at Yuexiu South Bus Station.
Guangyuan Bus Station
- Location: No. 283, Guangyuan Zhong Lu
- Bus Routes: 24, 36, 46, 60, 175, 179, 181, 189, 241, 257, 273, 298, 540
It is situated at the junction of ‘Guangzhou – Shenzhen’ Expressway, ‘Guangzhou – Foshan’ Expressway, Baiyun Dadao and Guangyuan Lu. It mainly offers buses to go to Shenzhen and Dongguan. Additionally, it provides passenger transport services to go to the west and the north of Guangdong Province.
Tips for ticket purchase:
1. The bus stations in the city sell tickets in cooperation and you can purchase the ticket you want at any of them.
2. When the Spring Festival and other national holidays are coming, most of the bus stations sell tickets in advance. But how many days in advance the tickets are sold are not the same. You’d better inquiry the bus station in person as early as possible. Usually, the tickets for interprovince routes can be purchased in advance of 8 days, while the tickets for the inner Guangdong routes are sold in advance of 3 to 5 days. For example, Fangcun Bus Station can sell tickets 6 days in advance; Guangyuan Bus Station start to sell 5 days in advance; Yuexiu South Bus Station sell tickets 4 to 5 days in advance.